Dipl.-Ing. Valentin Weber-Wille, Ph.D.
born on the 4th of June in 1975,
grown up in Baden near Vienna and South-Tyrol.
|CURRENT BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
- Member of WEHDORN ARCHITEKTEN (several projects in Vienna)
- Guest lecturer at Wiener Volkshochschulen at the University meets public-programme (industrial archaeology - focus on flaktowers)
- Consultant for the VERBUND (building-historical and architectural data management of power plants and transformer stations)
- 2008-13 post-graduate studies at Vienna University of Technology, Ph.D. in June 2013.
Point of research: Development of the architecture of hydropower plants in Austria
- 1996-2006 studies at Vienna University of Technology (Architecture). Dipl.-Ing. (equivalent to MSc) in may 2006
- 1995 university entrance qualification (A-level)
- 4 years upper school "Hegelgasse 12" (1010 Vienna), main emphasis on music and painting
- 1 year commercial college "Muehlgasse" (2500 Baden)
- 3 years grammar school "Frauengasse" (2500 Baden), main emphasis on geometric drawing
- 1 year katholic boarding school of the Salesians of Don Bosco in Unterwaltersdorf (Lower austria)
|FORMER BUSINESS ACTIVITIES (in reverse order)
- 2008-2013 Overall refurbishment of the Liechtenstein city palace, Vienna (as a member of WEHDORN ARCHITEKTEN: team leader constructional engineering and deputy project manager)
- 2006-2008 scientific research assistant at the Institute of History of Art, Building Archaeology and Restoration at Vienna University of Technology. Main point of research: "Architektur im Verbund". Client: Verbund (Austrian Electricity Company)
- Since June 2006 several readings in the field of industrial heritage lectured at Vienna University of Technology (Institute of History and Theory of Architecture and Historic Building Survey)
- 2004-2006: Project- and Marketing Manager of GEODATA, 1150 Vienna. From May 2005 Projectmanager and Chief of the Department of Architectural Documentation
- summer 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 engineering draughtsman in the office of Architect Weinmann, 1020 Vienna. Special project 2003: Foot Locker Store Vienna (Kaerntnerstrasse, city centre). 2002: Giorgio Armani flagship store Vienna (Kohlmarkt, city centre)
- since 1999 webdesigner, graphic designer and engineering draughtsman for several firms in vienna (see projects: architecture, book design, webdesign)
- 1999 - 2010 papers and powerpoint presentations made in London, Dublin, Frankfurt and Budapest under commission of the IMC Krems. Subject matters: 1999: accounting in a hotel, for example the Grosvenor House. 2000: organisation of a hotel pre-opening in centre London. 2001 - 2003: comparison of two hotels in the city centre of London: Metropolitan and Art&Tech by Le Meridien, former Cumberland Hotel. 2004-2005: The Cumberland Hotel and The Waldorf Hilton. 2006: Carton House hotel and Hilton Frankfurt.
- summer 1998 ambulance service driver in the private hospital "Golden Cross", 1090 Vienna
- summer 1997 trainee in the headoffice of the "Supply of energy of lower austria" (EVN), Maria Enzersdorf (Lower austria)
- 1996-2006 freelancer at verlagsbuero wien, 1010 Vienna (book graphic / advertising, webdesign and event organisation)
- summer 1996 education secretary at the "Kolping holiday private coaching", 3100 St. Poelten (Lower austria)
- 1995-96 military service as truckdriver and secretary in Bruckneudorf, Burgenland
- summer 1995 leader of a youth group in the "S.O.S.-Children's Holiday Camp Caldonazzo" (Trentino, Italy)